6.11.2010

Love on a Dime - Cara Lynn James

What a good pick for my first book of the summer! I just finished reading Love on a Dime by new author, Cara Lynn James. The last day of school, while amazing, is always a long day and requires extra patience. While most definitely given that supernaturally, it also came from the excitement that I had a new book waiting for me when I got home. I was not disappointed!

Lilly, author of (horror!) dime novels, is torn between her allegiance to her family, her long lost love, and her "obligations" to society. I enjoyed the realistic emotions Lilly felt and the ways she interacted with the people around her; I felt it was true to life when so many novels lose that reality. I did not like the portrayal of Lilly's sister-in-law, Irene, or what felt like a sudden shift in Irene's character. I was also shocked by the number of typos I found, come on, Thomas Nelson! Overall, this was an enjoyable, quick read -- nothing too heavy or thought-provoking, but a fun story to get lost in for a few hours.

This book was provided to me free of charge in exchange for a review. These views are my own. Thomas Nelson, thank you for the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment