5.06.2010

Never Let You Go - Erin Healy

Okay, I must admit...after hearing about spiritual warfare for the first time about six years ago while living in Spain, I freaked out. I didn't sleep for two nights; instead, I laid awake in my tiny apartment just waiting for morning to come. I said "Jesus, I'm yours" over and over again, in the hopes that would preserve me, that it would take away my fear and shine light into my heart and onto my fear. With all of that said, I watched Never Let You Go by Erin Healy just watch me from the table for over a week before finally opening it up. Three and a half hours later, when I closed the book and sighed, I was left with two distinct feelings: 1. spiritual warfare still freaks me out, and 2. that was one strange book!

In general, I really liked the story of Lexi and her daughter, Molly, and their adventures. I was often confused by Lexi's seemingly strange reactions to some of the conflicts, and by the end I just wanted it to be done! The strange events and occurrences, while they all made sense in the end, were confusing and seemed to be unexplained. All in all, I appreciated getting to think through some new concepts regarding spiritual warfare and the way I live. Thank you, Thomas Nelson, for the free book in exchange for a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment