4.16.2011

The Lightkeeper's Ball - Colleen Coble

I first fell in love with the cover of Colleen Coble's newest novel The Lightkeeper's Ball. From there, it only got better!

Olivia Stewart's sister is killed under mysterious circumstances while out west. Olivia has to get to the bottom of it and along the way gets to know the suspected murderer. With lots of twists and turns, this book kept me on my toes and guessing the whole time. I was sure I had it figured out toward the end (and I was close :)) but I was surprised when the truth was revealed.

It took me a few chapters to get into the story, but I really enjoyed this novel. Coble is a great writer: I enjoyed her descriptions and her character development. I have not read either of the two other books in the series, but The Lightkeeper's Ball was a good stand alone novel. I could tell that there were references to the other two books but the story wasn't lost on me due to that. Overall, an interesting read!

Thanks, Thomas Nelson, for a review copy. The opinions above are my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment