6.09.2011

My Foolish Heart - Susan May Warren

I've been in desperate need of a good book lately. I am a teacher and 15 hours from now, I will be on summer break. In my excitement for the impending summer, I started dreaming about all of the wonderful books I was going to read. And in that excitement, I couldn't help but get started a bit earlier than I probably should have. I was so lucky to start my summer reading off with Susan May Warren's My Foolish Heart. While this books is part of a series, it does not need to be read in order to understand what is going on. (Turns out I had read one book in the series...didn't even realize it until partway through!)

I love a good story with good guys and bad guys, but I love it even more when you're not really sure who is good and who is bad. I loved that about this book. There is one character in particular who you just want to not like, but you can't help it, and you can't decide if he's "good" or "bad".

In the end though, it is not just a quick, fun read. Yes, it's quick, yes, it's fun, but there's a lot more to My Foolish Heart than is seen from the back cover. There are issues of faith and issues that have great depth. I appreciated going on the journey with Issy, Caleb, Lucy, and Seb and discovering my own areas of crippling fear along with them.

Thank you to Tyndale for the review copy of this book. My opinions are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment